Sunday, August 21, 2011

We're making chapati!!

This video clip is one of my all-time favorites!  While one child appears to be mentally ill, and another boy seems to have an Italian accent, I assure you that all of the children are perfectly healthy and were born in India!  In this video, the kids are making chapati.  It's a delicious bread made from only Atta (whole wheat flour), water, oil, and salt. It is then fried.  Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!

Also, here are some of my birthday pictures:-)


Self-inflicted hair cut (just don't look to closely!)

Praying Mantis that decided to infringe upon our sleep and tried to eat me

Smiling Monkey! (Okay so he was baring his teeth at the flash)

Kai giving mommy her birthday kiss


5 comments:

  1. Oh, these are all such joyful pictures and video! I like how the one kid just couldn't get enough of the camera, lol. (What's his name?) Kai looks like he's also enjoying himself, but he's always been good at that!

    And btw, your hair looks great, Heather! Any cut looks great on you. ;)

    It seems you all are doing so well.

    (I don't know why my RSS reader hasn't been picking up on all of this! :( I'll have to fix that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. verrry cool girl, and reckon u did a rather good job w/ your hair, and this comes from someone who cuts her own hair. so there u are, but in any event, loved seeing the photos and the video is just precious when considering what u guys are doing for these children, and they look like they are enjoying making chapati. be well heather, and luv u. in my thoughts and prayers then... late.. jel2:12-17& isa58:14

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute video!! Those kids are adorable! "Wow...wow...wow...wow...wow!" Also, the hair looks great, I'm glad you didn't get eaten by the praying mantis, and it's good to see that Kai's doing so well! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Heather! I wanted to be there - everyone looks so happy! This is life changing for all involved, but especially the children. You and Joe are being strong and courageous - even in the "scary" times! And your hair looks great - good job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I got my Google account to work, and you are the first blog that I have ever followed (yeah, yeah, that might be pathetic, but whatever).

    I agree with the other comments--great video! Fun to see their smiles. They definitely know they are loved!

    I think you should post a "video letter" with all three of you, so we can play it at Grace some time; giving a few updates, prayer requests, or whatever you feel led to. (only if that would not compromise your position there).

    We are praying for you! (I even pray with Emmalia for you often)

    ReplyDelete