Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fifteen Kids and Counting!

Hello everyone!

We are having issues getting internet in our place, so I am borrowing from a friend right now :-)  I'm hoping to be able to sneak away more often in order to post and keep you up to date! I also have a video of the children to post as soon as possible.

We now have 15 children in the orphanage and will be recieving 5 more in the next few weeks.  They are now living on the ground floor of our housing unit temporarily.  The newest children are from Orissa.  They arrived with lice and the clothes on their back (an overly large pair of clothing)...and no shoes.  Because of this, we have had to begin building a wardrobe for each child, which is quite costly!  Also we still do not have enough mats or beds for all fifteen, so some have to share very small mats.  Slowly, though, they are adapting and beginning to be comfortable with us.  The newest children, however, know no English, which has been a challenge. 



2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear what is happening, as I read I understand why God sent you there and what a blessing you are for them and what a blessing they are for you.
    So sorry to hear about the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather, sounds like u guys are super busy, u guys remain in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the update, and will pray now for the children who are to join u in the next few weeks. for life; luv claire-elizabeth gettis
    isa58:14& jer29:11

    ReplyDelete