Well, this has to have been one of the most interesting weeks of my life! Good interesting (for the most part)... As my Facebook friends know, we have encountered monkeys, geckos, and toilet sprayers. Oh my! A cow tried to run Joseph and Kai over (that might be slightly exaggerated) and a man kissed Kai square on the lips (not exaggerated). Anyway, you'll notice that there are no pictures, but you'll have to forgive me for the time being.
The phrase, "In India, everything takes time," is starting to make more and more sense. Checking out at the grocery store? Be sure to leave 45 minutes. Church service? The hour service becomes three. Well, this also applies for construction in general. While our housing was supposed to be done in March, it is not quite finished. The college graciously allowed us to stay in their guest room until it was finished. We are very grateful. But what I am really trying to say, is that we don't have internet for the time being. I am not typing on my own computer, and I am rather afraid that my camera will be stolen if I walk anywhere outside the college with it. I am sure these complications will soon be taken care of, but in India, everything takes time.
Wow sounds like it is defiantly different there! Its nice that people are welcoming you there though. How did your Wednesday band go? Have you gotten milk from the cow yet?
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that for the most part everything is going well so far! We heard about the flight delay while we were in Globe, but I'm glad everything worked out. I'm excited to hear more!
ReplyDelete