While going through my pictures, I realized that there are so many things to tell! But what to start with? Well, everyone eats. So, I'll start with my adventures in the Indian kitchen! The first vegetable curry I made was horrendous, so we will refrain from speaking about it. Instead, the topic will be chicken curry, which we made for the first time last night.
Ingredients:
 |
| Onions/ Garlic/ Ginger |
 |
| Chile Peppers/ Coriander (called cilantro back home)- top right |
 |
| Crushed Ginger |
 |
Seasoning- this is what really makes it
We used Meat Masala Seasoning (Chilli, Cumin, Black Pepper, Coriander...) and Tumeric |
 |
| Oil |
 |
| Whole Chicken- This is seriously the entire chicken (and the heart and liver don't come in a baggie) |
 |
| Chicken after being cut |
 |
| Random picture of Milk because it comes in a bag (not part of curry) |
Rice and Yogurt are also very important!
Finished Product:
 |
| Admittedly, this is not my picture, but it looked like this;-) |
I LOVE Indian food! It is sooo tasty! If you are really good at making curry, I've been told you can make it in 1 hour if you have someone helping you. Mine took about 2 1/2 hours to make. The deliciousness makes up for it, though, and we made enough for leftovers!
Looks yummy!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was! It didn't turn out as well as it could have, but I liked it:-) Although, they like their food really SPICY here, and I didn't make it spicy enough! Hahah oops!
ReplyDeleteLike hot spicy or spicy spicy?
ReplyDeleteHot spicy spicy (both!)
ReplyDelete